Register for this “What’s New with InstallShield 2012” Webinar and learn more about our new features including:
- Suite Installations: With the new InstallShield Suite Project type, multiple products can be easily bundled together into a single, unified suite installation eliminating the need to develop a complex custom launcher or bootstrapper application. This new functionality offers advantages over MSI chaining, InstallShield prerequisite support, and the user interface functionality that is provided by Windows Installer.
- Installation Streaming: Installation Streaming reduces the downloading wait time required before installation can begin. End users need only download a small file to quickly start the installation giving a more immediate interaction with the product installation. Based on the selected install options, only the required packages are downloaded from the web or extracted from the installation, reducing the overall time it takes to install the application and providing an “app store-like” experience for the user.
- Installation Collaboration: The InstallShield 2012 Collaboration add-on has been significantly enhanced to better support distributed, collaborative installation development allowing product developers and technical writers to more efficiently create and manage their portion of the installation.
- 64-Bit Enhancements: Comprehensive support for 64-bit installation development including updated dependency scanners to identify 64-bit dependencies of the 64-bit files in a project; support for setting permissions for files, folders and registry keys in 64-bit locations; and a prerequisite that installs the 64-bit version of the Microsoft VSTO 2010 Runtime.
- Application Tagging: InstallShield 2012 is the only strategic installation development solution that creates ISO 19770-2 software identification tags as part of the installation development process. This enables software producers to help their customers by delivering better visibility into their installed software estate in order to facilitate software compliance efforts.